Saturday, December 29, 2007

I came, I saw, I bought.

My brother bought a house a couple of years ago, and for his wintergift he asked if I'd get him curtains. So I drove out there this morning, he fixed me breakfast, and we talked about what he wanted to accomplish and I talked about what his options were.

Then we drove to IKEA. He hadn't been, so we wandered the whole place instead of going in the back way to get to the curtain area. We each saw things we liked: I'm always in the market for bookcases, and I fantasize about redoing my kitchen, while he needs a bed frame and a wardrobe (new house has no master bedroom closet). We stopped in the cafe so he could get some coffee, then scampered through the housewares downstairs to the blinds and curtains.

I think he picked some excellent curtain panels; they're white with a brocade pattern of branches and leaves. We got the plainest, least expensive curtain rods and hardware. Then we drove back to his place and put them up.

Now I'm home and tired, too tired to go to the party I'd planned to attend. All that driving and exercising interspersed has left me a bit stiff, too. My husband and I are planning to go to our first yoga class tomorrow, and I'm glad.

No comments: