Sunday, January 27, 2008

Food Mood

I did a big grocery shop yesterday so I could cook today. So far: a chocolate cake and a batch of lentil soup (this time with turnips, parsnips, kale, and mustard greens in addition to the usual onion and carrot). Later today: chicken enchiladas and a big pot of greens (chard, kale, and mustard greens) with garlic oil. And maybe a pan of brownies.

I built a fire in the woodstove because the kitchen gets too warm if the furnace comes on while I'm cooking, which also means I can step into my den to cool off (it's far enough from the woodstove).

I noticed yesterday that my bulbs are showing some green above the mulch, and one bed even has two yellow crocus--not quite bloomed, they're not open, but they are fully-formed and bright yellow.

I like winter.

No comments: