Friday, March 14, 2008

I like this kid.

From The World of Bea, a lovely description of her child at night:

Just as a dragon likes to sleep on a pile of gold, so Kai likes to sleep on a pile of books.

Some nights, when I go in to check on him before going to bed, his bed is piled so high with books and toys that he is squashed into a tiny corner of the bed, books sticking into his ribs or face. Often, he is sleeping on the pile and a few times, the cat has been sleeping on him sleeping on the pile!

He tells me he has to pile all his books in his bed at night in case he gets “read-y”, and he has to put all his toys in bed with him, including the cat, because they help to keep the bad dreams away.


Oooh, I get "read-y" myself at night, but I never thought of my books as a dragon's treasure hoard.

No comments: