Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Word for 2015: Endure

Because I'm still going through repercussions of injury and treatment, because I've had 3 surgeries in the last 2 years and done uncountable days of recovery and physical therapy, and because I'm not well yet, I've chosen "endure" as my word for 2015.

I'm not ready to do more than endure. I will endure this process of recovery, with bad days and good ones. I will endure continuing symptoms and waiting for healing. I will endure sometimes painful, always tiring physical therapy. I will endure occasional medical appointments and minor changes in the state of my health. I will endure the emotional responses to all of these things.

But planning for a future life that is different from this, I am putting off. Deciding what to do about some long-term issues unrelated to this recovery, I choose to put off.

To endure is all I demand of myself for the coming year.

No comments: